RECIPE OF THE MONTH OF AUGUST
It’s been a hot summer here in Southern California and sun-loving stone fruit is at its peak right now. Among all of the apricots, cherries, nectarines and plums, we just can’t stop going crazy for peaches. Offering an abundant supply of many vital minerals such as potassium, fluoride and iron, peaches are also rich in fiber and essential vitamins, particularly vitamins A and C, all key for baby's healthy development. At Little Foodie Club we blend these luscious fruits with mild tasting Anjou pears and vanilla, that wonderful spice, which adds a fragrant sweetness that makes this purée so delicious, many of our parents have admitted to helping their babies finish a pot!
Here's the recipe.
- 1lb organic pears, not too soft
- 1lb organic peach, soft
- 1 organic vanilla pod
1. Peel, core and chop the pear into chunks.
2. Place into a saucepan and cover with water.
3. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, until pear is soft.
4. Peel and chop the peach, discarding the pit.
5. Place inside a food processor.
6. Drain the pear and cool under cold running water, then add to the food processor.
7. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to the fruits.
8. Purée to your desired consistency.