BABY'S FIRST THANKSGIVING WITH LITTLE FOODIE CLUB
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, our Flavor of the Month fits right in with the traditional meal November is known for. Turkey and Sweet Potato with Sage, one of our signature dishes, is packed with deliciousness and nutritional goodness alike. Turkey is an ideal growth food for babies as it is packed with protein and vitamin B12, which is not found in plants. This purée combines turkey with vitamin-rich vegetables including sweet potato, carrot and celery and is finished off with a hint of sage giving it a full and rounded flavor. It's baby's first Thanksgiving in one, easy meal.
Here's the recipe. And if your little one is beyond baby purees, you can skip the last step and serve the turkey mixture over rice or pasta or even as a filling in a tortilla.
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small organic onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk organic celery, finely chopped
- 1 organic carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen organic sweet corn
- 4oz organic ground turkey
- 1 cup organic strained tomatoes
- 1 organic sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp organic sage
1. Place a large heavy-bottomed saucepan on a medium heat.
2. Add the olive oil and then the onion, celery and carrot.
3. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, until soft.
4. Add the ground turkey and sage and stir until the meat is browned all over.
5. Add the sweet corn.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile cook the sweet potato in water until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain and add to the turkey mixture.
8. Leave to cool then place in a food processor and purée to your desired consistency.